Thursday, February 11, 2021

Week 3 Story: Adventure Time: Junkin' Apples


Jake and Finn's Tree Fort. Copyright Cartoon Network (image source: wallpaperflare.com)


Far away, in the land of Ooo sat a mighty tree, inside of which housed the many wares and spoils of our heroes: Finn the Human and Jake the Dog. 

It was a day like any other — that is, if your days consisted of bonking evil wizards on the nose, and partying with rapping bears. 

Jake, perched in front of the stove, was experimenting with a concoction of ice cream and cheeseburgers that was sure to somehow be delicious. Suddenly, there was a hurried knocking at the door.

"FIINNNN," hollered Jake, "there's someone at the doooorrrr! FIIINNN,"

The knocking continued, and exasperated, Jake threw down his wooden spoon, stripped off his apron, and marched to the ladder that led to the front door. 

Approaching the door, the hurried knocking became louder. Annoyed, Jake yelled "yeah, yeah, I'm here, wha dyu want?" and yanking it open, he found Tree Trunks standing there with a worried expression on her face.

"Oohh Jake, thank goodness! I need Finn's help," and waddling past Jake, Tree Trunks began to holler for Finn.

"Finn! Oh Finn!" cried Tree Trunks, "Oh where is that boy?"

Conveniently, Finn walked through the door at the opportune moment, covered in monster junk and dragging a bag of stuff he jacked off them.

"Hey Tree Trunks, what's up?"

"Oh Finn, Ice Cream has stolen all my apples and now I can't make my famous apple pie!"

"Don't worry Tree Trunks, we'll get your apples back and slap down Ice Kind heckin' good," and grabbing his sword, Finn ran off in the direction of the Ice Kingdom, with Jake following close behind.

--------------------------

Arriving at Ice King's Palace, Finn kicks in the door.

"ICE KING! GIVE BACK TREE TRUNKS APPLES OR I'LL BEAT THE TAR OUTTA YA," screamed Finn.

Ice King, seeing who his guests are clapped his hands in excitement and said "Ah Finn and Jake, my friends! Welcome to m —" but before he could finish his greeting, Finn had scaled the room, jumped over an ice table and smacked Ice King right in the eye.

"WAAAHH," wailed the Ice King, "why did you hit me? You've ruined the tea party!" 

Looking around, Finn and Jake noticed penguins gathered around a table of ice. Adorning the table were various cakes and pies and delicious candies and apples.

Enraged, Ice King flew into the air and began shooting ice in every direction.

"DUDE," screamed Jake, who inflated large enough to fill the room. Dodging the ice shrapnel, Jake slammed Ice King into the ground with a giant paw, and held him there.

"You're nuts man, why'd you jack these apples?" asked Jake

"I just wanted to party with my pals," Ice King whimpered, "didn't you get my invites? I decorated them myself."

"We didn't get nuthin'," said Jake

"Gunter, you naughty boy. What did you do with the invites?"

Gunter stared at Ice King with empty, black eyes and gakked "wamp."


(490 words)


happy chaotic penguins



Author Notes: I wasn't really sure how I could adapt the Ramayana story. I was just going to rewrite it, but I thought that was kinda lame. I came up with like a fight scene based off of Tataka and Rama's fight, but this was going to be a Dragon Ball Z styled one. Thing was, I haven't watched Dragon Ball since I was a child, so I couldn't come up with how to write it. So I settled on Adventure Time. I've watched a lot of Adventure Time. I think I did OK, I kinda cringe at writing dialogue. I think I had a rough time writing this, because it took me back to my fanfic days. Oh Lord.



Bibliography
Title: The Ramayana: A Shortened Modern Prose Version of the Indian Epic
Author: Kamban / R. K. Narayan
Year: 1972
https://iereadingguides.blogspot.com/2015/05/narayan-ramayana-kamban.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer! I really enjoyed your story. I loved Adventure Time as a kid, and it was cool to be back in that world. I think you wrote a really interesting story, and I enjoyed the dialogue. I think you did an interesting spin on Rama and Tataka's fight. I laughed at how Finn and Jake talked to everyone. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! I sadly think I missed out on a lot of the jokes and references related to Adventure Time (I was not a big cartoon watcher), but I still enjoyed your story! The different magical creatures in your story sound even more fantastic than the creatures in the original Ramayana! It would be cool for you to find a way to include Hanuman as an Adventure Time character in a future story!

    ReplyDelete