Monday, January 25, 2021

Week 2 Reading Overview

 Week 2

After reading through the choices, I want to start out with Narayan's version of the Ramayana for weeks 3 and 4, and then switch to the Tiny Tales. I chose this to sort of get the entire story, and then get more background from the Tiny Tales.

The two comics I thought were interesting were Ghatotkacha: The Chivalrous Demon and The Lord of Lanka: The Rise and Fall of a Demon King. The titles are what caught my attention, but the stories were very interesting and I wanted to dig into them.

I couldn't narrow these down, so I chose four videos that I thought were interesting.

Underwater Cities: I chose this video because the title initially intrigued me. I thought of Zealandia or Atlantis.

Sacred Trees | Epified: I watched this video for the same reason - the title. I didn't know that trees were so integral in Indian mythology, and it made me think of other trees involved in myths (e.g. The World Tree).

Ancient Technology - Atlantis and India: I thought this video was really cool - I find it fun to to think of the possibilities of ancient tech, and especially with Atlantis.

 The Tale of the Lion and the Crane: I really enjoyed this story, and thought this had a great message. When I searched for an image, I wanted it to relate to this story.



Image source: the lion and the crane - untextbook)



 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment