Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Favorite Places

 I'm not very well traveled, and as such, can't outright say where my favorite places in the world are. There are many places I would love to go: Mexico City, Japan, Germany. Alas, I am a poor college student and can't afford to travel just yet. I tend to just run around in my little circle in Tulsa. There are a lot of cool places to visit in this city. Below is my favorite museum in Tulsa.


Philbrook Museum

I visited the Philbrook for the first time on my 16th birthday. I asked my Dad if he would take me because they were displaying an Egyptian mummy and various other Egyptian artifacts. My Dad and I dig that stuff. The showing was really cool, but what I loved most was the gardens. In the middle of summer, when everything has bloomed, the gardens really come to life. It's quite beautiful. 

They also have a cat.

(Source: Philbrook.com)

2 comments:

  1. Going to museums is one of my favorite parts of traveling, Jennifer! Now so many museums do have digital art online, which is great of course... but actually going to the museum and being right there with the painting or the sculpture is very different, and museums are right up there with libraries as my favorite places in general. :-)
    Reading your post prompted me to add the Philbrook to a Twitter feed I have of museums and libraries. I have the Gilcrease on there already, so now I have both. Yay! Twitter list of some museums and libraries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your museum twitter feed is amazing! I'm trying to unfollow a lot of crazy things on twitter, so i followed that instead!

      I also love museums and libraries! I have browsed through some online collections, but I agree - it's so different being there in person.

      Delete